clampong wood

Old 11-04-01, 10:58 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
How does one clamp 2 pieces of wood that form a right angle?
Old 11-11-01, 02:10 AM
the_tow_guy's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: SW Fla USA
Posts: 11,984
Received 177 Upvotes on 139 Posts
That would depend on the size of the pieces and what kind of corner joint. If you're joining small beveled corners like a picture frame, you can use standard corner clamps available at any home store (Lowe's, HD). For larger pieces or if you are butt joining, more specialized clamps would be required. Check woodworking supply places like Rockler (
Old 11-14-01, 04:22 PM
Handyone's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: U.S.
Posts: 4,807
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The corner clamps sold at most home centers, "pony clamps", will work. These are used for 45 degree clamping but will work with 90 degree butt joints since a 45 degree corner is actually clamped at 90 degrees.

For best results, if the pieces aren't too large, I like to cut additional pieces the same size as the size I want to clamp, and clamp a square, gluing only the pieces I want to use.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: