heart attack at work

Old 06-19-07, 02:57 PM
heart attack at work

does anyone know if this is covered under workers comp? my company had me work out of town that day , i didn't know where to go or what to do, i was getting lost and it was very stressfull ( i drive a dump truck)

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-07, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator
Sorry to hear about your illness.

Where I am and I suspect it may be where you are as well a workers comp claim only covers illness or accident that are caused while on the job.

Although it happened at work you would have prove some long term stresses either mental or physical caused the illness in the first place.
If you are trying to say a day of stress from being lost caused it you might not have much luck.

Old 06-19-07, 03:54 PM
Group Moderator
I agree with Greg, the odds of this being covered seem very low.

Old 06-19-07, 04:16 PM
Typically, heart attacks and strokes are not considered injuries under workers’ compensation unless it is shown by a preponderance of competent and credible evidence, which shall include medical evidence, that the condition was attributable to the performance of the usual work of employment. You can contact your Workers Comp Ins. for info.

Old 07-26-07, 10:37 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I'd start by asking your doctor if this injury, in his opinion, was likely caused by your work. If his answer is yes, you might have a shot.

Seattle Pioneer

Last edited by stickshift; 07-27-07 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Removed quoting of entire post