Help! Marker Exploxed in Brand New Dryer

Old 06-03-05, 09:50 AM
dapunyone
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Help! Pen Exploded in Brand New Dryer

Brand new dryer supplied by landlord - my roomate left three Sharpie permanent black markers in clothes and now the inside of the dryer looks like a warzone. Is there anything I can do to ensure that ink left inside dryer won't transfer to future loads in the machine????

Thanks for any suggestions.

Old 06-03-05, 02:41 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Well permanent marker stains tend to be permanent. Rubbing alcohol and patience may remove them. But unlikely. Due to the heat created by the dryer i would assume it has set the stain into the paint/metal. I do not think it would transfer with damp clothes. I have seen wear people use these to mark clothes and then launder as usually and it has never bled into other clothes or other parts of the clothing.

Old 06-03-05, 05:54 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sharpie markers are permanent. As indicated, you can try wiping stains on dryer drum with rubbing alcohol on white rag to remove any excess. Continue to wipe until no more comes off on rag. Then, run a couple of old wet towels through a dryer cycle to assure no ink comes off on laundry. Although inside of dryer drum is unsightly (unlikely landlord will look in dryer), as long as no ink comes off on laundry, you will be fine. Unfortunately, Sharpie on laundry will be permanent.

Old 06-04-05, 06:29 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
THE COATING IN THE DRUM WILL ABSORB THE INK AND SHOULD NOT GET ON ANYTHING ELSE.... ITS BAKED IN NOW....

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: