help - lilly pollen on new cream carpets

Old 07-07-05, 06:01 AM
BevD
Visiting Guest
help - lilly pollen on new cream carpets

Hello,

I have a big ugly lilly pollen stain on my new cream carpet. In a panic i sprayed on some carpet cleaner and rubbed it in making it worse.

Is there anything can use to get rid of it?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks.
Bev

Old 07-07-05, 07:33 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Vaccum the carpet as much as you can. Whatever you applied to try to clean it. Rinse it with cool water by blotting. You may then want to try a protein or enzyme cleaner. Apply to the area...let dwell 10-15 mins blot with cool water ...reapply as needed. You have to give the spotter time to work. You can pick up this type of cleaner at some pet stores or you local home improvement stores.

Old 07-07-05, 07:50 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lily Pollen Stains

Lily pollen is best left to dry and then picked up by dabbing with pieces of sticky tape or sucked up with hose attachment on vacuum. Do not brush with hands as oils on skin can set stains. Water or water-based cleaners can set stains. Enzyme digester cleaner can be used to remove stains. The trick to using enzyme cleaners is to give them time to digest stains. This means stain will have to be kept damp with cleaner. Blot stains with cleaner and white rag or paper towels, blotting from outside toward middle to prevent spreading stains.

To prevent pollen stains, hold lilies over kitchen sink and carefully remove anthers from flowers with tweezers or small scissors. As new flowers open, you will need to repeat the process.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: