Smell inside plastic car bed?

Old 07-09-05, 02:42 PM
slubow
Visiting Guest
Exclamation Smell inside plastic car bed?

Hi Everyone,
I have a little tikes plastic car bed and when we cleaned it, water got into the holes and now the inside of the bed smells like mildew and we can't get the smell to come out. I was thinking about pouring baking soda in the holes. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Old 07-09-05, 02:50 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Water trapped in cushion inside vinyl upholstery will breed mold and mildew and is not healthy for children. There is no way to clean inside the mattress. A replacement mattress is recommended.

Old 07-09-05, 05:06 PM
slubow
Visiting Guest
I may not have explained what I meant very well. The car bed has 4 plastic pieces and they are hollow. A front, back and 2 sides. There are holes in each piece for a screw to go through to attach to the other pieces. When you smell those holes, it stinks and it stinks up a room. We don't have a mattress yet so that isn't the problem.
Thanks again.

Old 07-09-05, 05:19 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You may want to make some additional holes for drainage so you can rinse and disinfect interior with bleach and water solution and to allow for drainage and air circulation for ventilation to expedite drying. You should be able to drill some holes in the bottom.

Old 07-09-05, 06:26 PM
slubow
Visiting Guest
That sounds like a good idea. Thanks for your help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: