Grease Stain...Help!!!

Old 07-10-05, 08:06 AM
apmiller02
Visiting Guest
Grease Stain...Help!!!

I have a grease stain on my front sidewalk that needs to be removed. I believe that cooking grease leaked from the garbage. I have tried a few cleaners but none seem to work and there is a dark spot left behind. Help!!!

Old 07-10-05, 03:19 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Work lots of degreaser into stain with stiff brush. Concrete is porous so degreaser will need to get into pores and to be left to set to dissolve grease. A popular degreaser that is used industrially to clean concrete is the 100% orange concentrate cleaner. Let set overnight. Wet affected area, apply more degreaser, and scrub with brush. Rinse thoroughly. Let dry. Repeat if necessary.

To prevent grease from leaking from garbage bag place cold grease in separate container, like a bread bag or empty cottage cheese or butter container, and seal before placing in garbage. All table scraps should be sealed in separate bags before tossing into the large trash can liner. This will make garbage bags that are not placed in cans when taken out for trash pick up less susceptible to being attractive to animals who tend to tear into trash bags and spill their contents.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: