how do I remove sticker stain from lead crystal?

Old 07-14-05, 02:14 PM
maggierose
Visiting Guest
Question how do I remove sticker stain from lead crystal?

Does anyone have a cule as to how to remove sticker stains from 24% lead crystal? It was given to me as a gift last year but was packed away for twenty years with the stickers left on. I tried mayo which works to get new sticker glue off. I also tried alcohol. I don't want to put something on the crystal that may damage it.

Old 07-17-05, 02:34 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If stain has been absorbed into crystal, then it is likely permanent. If stain is just on surface, it may be possible to remove it with glass polish. You might also try soaking in 50/50 water/vinegar solution for 24 hours.

Old 04-22-08, 06:54 PM
N
sticker on crystal

try soaking in hot saopy water and or try goo gone the stuff works wonders good luck

Old 04-22-08, 10:10 PM
any solvent that you try..i would suggest not leaving it on the surface for a prolong period of time

Old 07-04-09, 12:42 AM
P
carefully peal the stickers off while dry trying to leaveas little adhesive as possible. then carefully restick the sticker onto the residue and peel it off again.
Its very easy to peel the sticker off the second time and it will usually take most of the remaing adhesive off.
The just clear the last bits off with cooking oil on a soft cloth and gentle rubbing. cheers. Beer 4U2

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: