mould in soft vinyl tablecloth

Old 07-15-05, 01:36 AM
E
eleanor
Visiting Guest
Unhappy mould in soft vinyl tablecloth

We have a nice, quite expensive patterned soft vinyl/fabric tablecloth which has recently had some mould develop after being left wet in the laundry.
I have no idea how to get rid of it and am really hoping someone might have some hints! thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-05, 12:39 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Angry That darn mold

Don't you just hate it when that happens. Mold needs just the right conditions to grow on surfaces. Looks like you found the perfect conditions in your laundry room

Just kidding

The simplest way to remove the mold is to make up a mild solution of warm water and dishwashing liquid. Dip a clean rag in the solution and wash the tablecloth. This will remove the mold. If some black residue remains, it will be dead, but looks ugly. You can use peroxide or oxygen bleach to take out the black spots.

Mold is a lot easier to kill than it is to prevent. If you have to use the peroxide or bleach, make sure you wash the tablecloth before you put it back in use.

Hope this helps.

Ted

Old 07-15-05, 03:36 PM
E
eleanor
Visiting Guest
Red face

thanks so much for that, I had absolutely no idea.
I've just checked it properly though and it's actually a 100% cotton base, 'acrylex' coated...does the same go for that?

Old 07-16-05, 08:59 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Mold and mildew can be easily disinfected and removed. Remaining stains may be a challenge. Treat with enzyme digester cleaner. Repeat applications to keep affected areas moist and to give enzymes time to digest stains. At best you can expect to lighten stains. Pretreat stains with heavy duty liquid laundry detergent and wash tablecloth in hot water and all fabric bleach.