Removing rust from carpets

Old 07-21-05, 08:00 AM
packmouse43725
Visiting Guest
Removing rust from carpets

Does anyone know how to remove rust from carpets? I would perfer natural homemade ingredence. But will take what I can get.

Old 07-21-05, 08:24 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Rust stains require a acid spotter to remove them. So, any homemade spotter would not be a good idea to try to make. If you go to your local home improvement store the most safest spotter..would contain oxaile acid. If you check the cleaning isle there should be some there. Test in a hidden area first for color fastness. Dampen the are with COOL water..apply a few sprays of the acid. Use caution and wear gloves and do not breathe it in. Let dwell for 10-15 mins, just do not let dry. Go back and blot until it is gone. Addition treatments may be required for old or bad areas. If you know one is old go ahead and apply a be more and let sit 30 mins. After there is no more rust left...blot with cool water again to rinse the acid away from the carpet. A carpet machine works best here. Try not to overwet the carpet. But you do have to rinse the carpet. Leaving the carpet in a acid state will damage it. It may take some time and practice. But trust me it works.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: