Rust stain on bathroom vanity

Old 07-22-05, 10:19 AM
robanddiana
Visiting Guest
Rust stain on bathroom vanity

I have a rust stain on a white bathroom vanity (wood, probably formica top). I read instructions on CLR and LimeAway and both said not to use on those surfaces. Will a natural cleaner such as lemon juice or vinegar work or do I have to purchase something commercial? Is there a natural recipe that will work?

Thanks.

Old 07-23-05, 09:32 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You can check out a residential rust removing product that contains oxaile acid. I can not recall if it would be safe for that surface. It should be available at your local home improvement store. Apply cool water to area to be cleaned..apply acid let sit 10-15 mins rinse with cool water. Test in a corner or hidden area first for ill effects. Again, i can not remember if it is safe for that surface. So, read the label first and use precautions when using as it is an acid. But rust does require a acid to remove..any home remedy would most likely not work.

Old 07-27-05, 11:54 AM
brianajt
Visiting Guest
rust removal

i had a rust stain on vanity and comet, then a little scrubbing with a dish brush took it out. It really depends on the material the vanity is made of, and how porous it is. So I don't know if this will work for you. Gojo works well too ( I swear by gojo, I buy it in idustrial sizes)

Old 07-28-05, 08:49 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Barkeeper's Friend and Zud are powdered cleansers that contain rust remover. Make paste with water and apply to stains. Let set. Rinse. Repeat applications may be necessary. Test any DIY cleaning method in inconspicuous place first before proceeding.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: