Removing water spots from Marble

Old 07-29-05, 09:51 AM
Coopercooke
Visiting Guest
Question Removing water spots from Marble

I sat a glass on my marble top night stand and it has water on the bottom of it. When I picked the glass up to move it there was a water circle on the marble that will not come off. How can I fix this?

Old 07-29-05, 10:27 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You didn't say what type marble it is. Here is a quote from a marble site that may help you. Ask or read the label directions before you try it to make sure it is compatable with the type marble you have. Good luck.

Aqua Mix has a marble repolishing system for about $15 at Lowes that will remove light etches. It's two parts, powder and liquid that you use with a white 3m scrub pad. I have recommended this product to some of my clients and they have used it with success. If the etches are deep, they will need to be honed out with diamonds and repolished....for that you need a professional or more training... but it's not impossible for a DIY... it's just sometimes less expensive and less frustrating to hire a pro.

Old 07-30-05, 07:46 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Once you polish out water ring, seal marble with a couple coats of sealer for natural stone. If you sprinkle drops of water on natural stone, it should bead up. If not, it needs to be sealed.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: