gas grill fire

Old 08-02-05, 02:14 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
gas grill fire

Sorry, I replied with this question in another thread instead of starting a new one. Here goes!!!

Recently bought a pretty expensive stainless gas grill. My wife was cooking a rack of lamb and I think the grease started a fire. The interior is badly scorched and a copperish color. The exterior also is discolored. I was able to lighten the copper color in some of lighter affected areas with a store bought cleaner, but, the grill is still a mess. Anything I can do to clean this grill up!!!! Thanks for your help!!! Eric

Old 08-03-05, 12:47 PM
I would check for a stainless safe degreasing cleaner. My thoughts are the color you are seeing is burned on grease. But you have to be careful most degreasers are acidic in nature. Stainless can be damaged by acidic cleaners. So, i would suggest checking for a neutral pH degreasers safe for stainless are your local home improvement center. Apply let sit 10-15 mins then rinse with hot water. Repeat as needed.

Old 08-04-05, 08:15 PM
T
Stainless steel tends to discolor when exposed to extremely high heat. "Heat tint" tends to produce a rainbow of colors. You may have luck minimizing some of the discoloration with a quality metal polish. Severe cleaning and abrasives will alter the appearance of the metal. Heat damage is not covered by warranty.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: