Dissolving super glue

Old 08-03-05, 10:52 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Dissolving super glue

We have a glazed porcelain thing made to lay a spoon on when cooking. It was the last thing my girlfriend gave her mom before she passed away and was broken last night as she was packing it for moving. Her father attempted to repair with super glue but the glue hardened before one piece was seated in place. I was wondering will anything effectively dissolve the glue allowing the piece to be removed and reset to place? If so any idea if it will remove the glazing or change the color?

Web addresses not permitted in Forums.

Last edited by majakdragon; 08-04-05 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Web address in signiture
Old 08-04-05, 07:10 PM
T
You might try acetone. Ceramic restorers tend to prefer expoxy putty for repairs. You might contact a ceramic restorer. If there is not one in your area, perhaps you could find one online and contact for advice.

Old 03-03-08, 12:49 PM
N
super glue removal

A few months ago I had super glue spill on my formicia counter top.I tried everything.I read on this site to try putting ice cubes in a plastic bag and lay the bag on the counter.I thought it was a very weird idea.But.. you guessed it worked perfectly.I came back with a razor blade and lifted it right off no mark no nothing.Good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: