Mold on Mattress

Old 08-09-05, 02:31 PM
liz.cid
Visiting Guest
Mold on Mattress

Does anyone know what chemicals are needed to clean mold off of a mattress...it's not so bad, I just don't want it to spread...

Old 08-09-05, 02:47 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
There are mold/mildew cleaners available at your local home improvement store or even a eyzme based cleaner could work. Give the enzyme cleaner 15 mins of dwell and rinse with water. The problem im thinking of is...you see the mold on the surface...what is in the mattress itself. That you are not going to get out with any cleaning... In other words, since mold/mildew can cause health concerns over long periods of time. If it was me. I would replace the mattress.

Old 08-11-05, 02:53 AM
K
In some parts of the world, we put the mattress out in the sun every week... freshen it up with a baseball bat too. In other words, we irradiate the mattress with ultraviolet light, then mechanically dislodge the particles of dead mold.

Old 08-16-05, 09:37 AM
T
You may be able to remove mold and mildew on surface of mattress, but cleaning methods can not reach the interior of the mattress. Surface cleaners may lighten mold and mildew stains, but they tend to be next to impossible to remove. If interior of mattress remained wet for 24-48 hours, it is likely that mold and mildew and associated odors may develop there. Running fans and dehumidifier in bedroom can expedite drying. Bed should never be made up until one feels sure that mattress is thoroughly dry inside. Dry to touch does not mean that it is dry inside. Placing in sunshine and fresh air is also effective for expediting drying of mattresses and to prevent mold and mildew.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: