yellow shower stains

Old 08-19-05, 09:20 AM
mnbh001
Visiting Guest
Question yellow shower stains

In my white shower (not sure what the material is...standard shower material I guess) there are stubborn yellow stains on part of the floor and a couple walls where the water runs the most. I have tried CLR, Yellow Out, and Iron Out. The stains have not budged. It looks really unsightly and I'm just wondering what type of stain this could be and how it can be removed. I'll wait for advice since I'm worried about ruining the finish and allowing more stains to set in. Thanks!
Edit: Just because I have tried the above products before with little success, I'm not ruling them out. Perhaps I did not wait long enough or have the proper concentration, etc. I just want to make sure I'm not harming the shower surface.

Last edited by mnbh001; 08-19-05 at 09:48 AM.
Old 08-23-05, 03:22 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Yellow stains in shower indicate a high iron content in water or possibly rusty pipes. Rust removers must be given time to lift stains. A paste of water and BarKeeper's Friend or Zud allowed to set on surface is usually effective. Repeat applications may be necessary depending on severity of stain.

Wiping shower and tub dry with chamois or squeegie after each use tends to minimize scum and mineral deposit cleaning problems. Then, weekly cleanings are easier.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: