Cleaning raw cedar water stain

Old 08-25-05, 07:54 AM
MRP
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Cleaning raw cedar water stain

Hi everybody, my first time on the site/forum. I'm very hopeful someone can provide some much needed guidance. I have raw cedar trimming all over my house, including the skylights. There are visible water stains in the raw cedar from water having seaped thru the skylights and a few other places at the base on the trimmings around the house. I've read all the forums but haven't come up with anything that would absorb and/or remove the water stains. Any guidance/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

MRP

Last edited by MRP; 08-25-05 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Not sure if I'm posting correctly
Old 08-26-05, 06:52 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I think that your not going to be able to remove the water stains as it has been absorbed into the wood. You may want to consider staining the trim.

Old 08-26-05, 08:58 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,289 Upvotes on 1,227 Posts
Working on the assumption that docduck is correct (and I believe he is), you would be wise to stain the trim to keep this from happening in other places. Raw wood is hard to keep looking good. With a quality sealer on it, the job becomes much easier.

kathann voted this post useful.
Old 08-26-05, 12:06 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
One more thing to add..staining the wood would be it easier to clean. And extend the life of the trim.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: