chenille recliner -cleaning makes worse

Old 08-25-05, 10:55 AM
stacer
Visiting Guest
Unhappy chenille recliner -cleaning makes worse

My tan chenille recliner had some juice/food stains on it. I tried several upholstery cleaners and finally rented a machine to get it clean. The stain is gone, but now I have water stains that get worse with every attempt to get them out. I do not know the exact fiber content, the tag only said polyester and unknown fiber. It appears to be chenille by comparing it to fabric samples at the fabric store and other furniture. What can I do to get rid of the water marks? Please help-anyone!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-05, 09:05 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
When you applied the cleaner for the spots did you spray it on or pour it on? The water marks you are seeing is where the water entered the fabric and then pushed the dirt out to a noticeable edge. I would geta regular uph cleaner apply to the area using a spray method..lightly let sit 10-15 mins. Make only a few passes with your machine then plenty of dry vac only passes. Then take some cotton towels fold them up place something heavy on there making sure you have some towels around it not to get wet. Give it a few hours replace bottom towels.

Old 09-22-05, 01:57 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If upholstery fabric was not meant to be cleaned with water-based cleaning methods, but rather dry cleaning. Water marks are usually not removable. If in doubt, call an upholstery cleaning professional. Like velvet, many chenille upholstery fabrics require dry cleaning