Ruined Finish On Marble Top

Old 08-26-05, 11:03 AM
laura3031
Visiting Guest
Red face Help! Ruined Finish On Marble Top

My work Island is a stone top (I believe marble) and last night while I was cooking dinner, some lemon juice squirted on it and took off the nice finish. I didn't notice it until this morning. I think it's too late and it's ruined, but does anyone know if there's any way of fixing this?

Old 08-26-05, 11:04 AM
laura3031
Visiting Guest
Help! I think I Ruined My Stone Top

My work Island is a stone top (I believe marble) and last night while I was cooking dinner, some lemon juice squirted on it and took off the nice finish. I didn't notice it until this morning. I think it's too late and it's ruined, but does anyone know if there's any way of fixing this?

Last edited by Sharp Advice; 08-26-05 at 12:32 PM.
Old 08-26-05, 11:27 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You will need to have it professionally refinished but I dont think it is ruined. If you cant find someone locally that you can trust go to www.marblecleaning.net where you can get a good referral. The people there are all professional stone refinishers who volunteer their time to answer questions like yours.

Old 09-22-05, 12:43 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Marble is a limestone and will etch easily from citric acid from fruits and drinks. It is important to keep it sealed with sealer recommended for natural stone. If damage is not severe, it may be possible to restore the shine with marble polish before sealing the countertop. Then, maintain with cleaner recommended for natural stone.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: