Green stained bath tub

Old 08-26-05, 12:04 PM
ibcindy
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Green stained bath tub

Hi, I have scrubbed and scrubbed the bath tub and this green stuff wont come off!! I have no idea what it is but am guessing I need a new tub. Anyone have a clue what this is and if I need a new tub? Is the tubs finish rubbed off leaving this green color? The tub is/was white.

Old 08-26-05, 12:18 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What type of tub is it? And What type of chemicals have been used? You may be correct that the finish has been worn down in areas and the chemicals have effected the bare surface of the tub.

Old 08-26-05, 12:43 PM
ibcindy
Visiting Guest
tub finish

Hi, thanks for the quick response. I am assuming the tub is ceramic. It is not any kind of plexi or plastic. I have used scrubbing bubbles, tilex and am in the process of bleach right now. As of right this minute some of the green turned black seems to be making it worse....

Old 08-26-05, 02:37 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Are there areas in the tub that seem etched or have more of a texture than the rest. Some fixtures have a ceramic or other material over coating a metal surface. My mother in laws sink is like this..over the years of use it is worn down in serveral areas....turning it black.

Old 09-21-05, 11:31 PM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Green stains in tubs and sinks are usually indicative of low pH imbalance in your water and copper pipes. Acidic water creates the stains and can take a toll on copper pipes over time. Installing an acid neutralizer is generally one of the most effective and economical ways to correct a low pH imbalance of your water. You may want to have your water tested and then discuss the situation with a plumber.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: