Glue and Paint stain on car interior

Old 09-02-05, 02:12 PM
Miss Messy
Visiting Guest
Question Glue and Paint stain on car interior

undefinedHelp! My son made a picture frame in preschool the other day and we forgot it in the car for 3 hours. By the time I remembered it was in the car and ran out to get it, it was a messy gooey pile on my front seat. I panicked and sprayed Resolve on it and scrubbed. Didn't do anything except harden the glue that had mixed with the paint and glitter. Now it looks like a big cigarette burn in the upholstery. Any ideas?

Old 09-06-05, 09:37 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ok first off you have to rinse the area with plain water to remove the residue from the reslove. Keep doing this until you no longer see any soap suds. Blotting with a rag and using a spray bottle to apply the water will work well. Once that is done. Your best bet is to let it dry. Then using another rag apply mineral spirits to the rag and blot. Test this first in a hidden area of the cars uph for color fastness fading. This should do the trick thou. Afterwards rinse the area again with the water and new rag.

Old 09-22-05, 02:33 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kids' glue is water-based. Scrape off any excess. Leave the damp white towel on the glue spot for about 40 minutes to soften glue. Rub damp towel in circular motion to dislodge glue. Repeat if necessary, changing towel as needed and increasing soaking time. Continue to rub in circular motion until glue is removed. Any residue left in upholstery will make upholstery stiff.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: