Cleaning Toaster Oven/Broiler

Old 09-07-05, 10:51 PM
Omegatay
Visiting Guest
Question Cleaning Toaster Oven/Broiler

Need suggestions on what I can use to clean the inside of this oven. Owners manual tells me to not use oven cleaner, so that is out. I have tried things like warm soapy water, 409 and nothing seems to get off the baked on oily splats. It just smears and makes things worse. I have even tried to wipe it down while it is still hot, but can't seem to do that without burning myself. lol. If I wait until the surface is warm, it's to late. It might as well be cold. The interior consists of a shiny metal. Like what reflectors are in flash lights.

Thanks folks!
Scott

Old 09-08-05, 08:10 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Remove any of the shelves that you can soak them in hottest water available with a good degreaser. You can use a neutral pH degreaser on the inside of the oven that should not effect the metal. UNLESS the metal surface has been scratched. As some degreasers are oxidizers...these will rust or damage scratched metal. If its in good shape...grab a quality citris based degreaser with a neutral pH. Apply while the oven is off let sit 10-15 mins rinse with hottest water possible. Repeated applications will be needed it sounds.

Old 09-22-05, 02:22 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Baking soda and water paste is also effective for removing grease and baked on food. A non-abrasive 'white' scrubbie is also helpful. Clean splatters after each use to prevent major cleaning.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: