Black Gel pen ink on microsuede sofa!

Old 11-09-05, 06:39 AM
Stephieb
Visiting Guest
Exclamation Black Gel pen ink on microsuede sofa!

YIPES!
Woke up this morning to my daughter having huge black splotches on her leg and hands.....she just got off a microsuede chair...apparently, there was an uncapped black gel pen, ON the chair! (Maybe overnight?) I saw an empty pen on the floor.
The inl came off the daughter quickly, but not so sure about the microsuede!
Tried blotting with water, but then, thought I'd get water stains! WHAT CAN I DO!
The furniture is 2 months old!

Old 11-09-05, 06:44 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
is it permanent ink?? you can try using rubbing alcohol applied to the rag then blotting outside in..test first on the back of the couch first for color transfer...if its permanent ink..you may be out of luck

Old 11-09-05, 07:45 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,263 Upvotes on 1,204 Posts
Docduck is right on, I just want to emphasize testing in an inconspicuous spot first because you have a fabric more likely to not be compatible with cleaning products than a lot of others.

Old 02-12-07, 11:33 AM
T
Talking this works well too!

I found this thread and didn't have the rubbing alcohol. My 2 year old just zigzagged orange gel ink on my microsuede futon cover. I immediately got some baby wipes (they are unscented) and used it to do the cleaning. The ink came right off! There was no fabric test needed. I hope this helps!

Old 02-13-07, 12:31 AM
i think some baby wipes contain rubbing alcohol, this may of helped. Thanks for sharing your tip.

Old 02-13-07, 07:26 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,263 Upvotes on 1,204 Posts
I think docduck is right - the wipes we use for our little one say "no alcohol" on the box and I don't think they'd do that unless some contained the stuff.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: