cleaning car wndows

Old 11-14-05, 09:58 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
cleaning car wndows

Does anyone have some good ideas for cleaning the film from the interior of the windshield without leaving streaks all over? Every window cleaner I have tried has failed to get them really clean and streak free.

Old 11-15-05, 12:24 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Try using your window cleaner with a microfiber towel(s). Microfibers have more of a thread count...so they clean many times better. The lines may be coming from a dirty rag, too much cleaner being used or the window is just that bad. Try the microfiber and switch rags after the intial wipe. You can grab some at autoparts store.

Old 11-15-05, 07:11 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,263 Upvotes on 1,204 Posts
It could also be your glass cleaner - I've never like the stuff from the store, so I make my own. There are lots of people on this site who make their own, here's a few recipies:

I like 1 part distilled water, 1 part distilled white vinegar, 2 parts rubbing (isopropyl) alcohol

Another person on this site make the same recipe as mine, but adds 1 teaspoon automatic dishwasher soap to a quart of the solution

Yet another prefers weak alcohol and water or ammonia and water solutions, something like 10 parts water to 1 part ammonia or alcohol

Incidentally, I use microfiber towels like docduck recommended, I buy mine in the auto section at walmart.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: