Removing yellowing bleach stains

Old 11-30-05, 11:59 AM
rigdiverswife
Visiting Guest
Red face Removing yellowing bleach stains

Please help!

I have a new mattress and a new baby therefore, I have new stains to remove! I tried removing the urine/spit up stains with oxyclean solution. It lightened the stains some, but left terrible water rings! I tried a Clorox pen and it left all the spots bigger and yellow! It's worse than it was initially! My mattress top is removable and washable(sleepnumber) but I'm afraid to ruin the cover by shrinking/staining it even more-any suggestions?

Old 11-30-05, 02:21 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 98 Votes on 86 Posts
First, rinse all the areas with water to get out the residue of what you've already done - you may have to do this more than once. See what it looks like after you've rinsed it because the bleach may have removed color rather than leaving something behind. If this is the case, not much you can do. In the future, a rubber mattress pad is a good idea for any bed the baby is on, not just their crib.

Old 11-30-05, 02:31 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Remove mattress cover and wash according to manufacturer's directions. Urine and spit up stains are organic and should be pretreated with enzyme digester cleaner or paste of powdered enzyme detergent and water. Let set to give enzymes time to digest stains. Then, wash in powdered enzyme detergent like Biz. To prevent shrinkage dry on low heat or air dry. Any dye loss due to chlorine bleach is permanent.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: