washed and dryed a crayon

Old 12-27-05, 07:30 PM
kat
Visiting Guest
Exclamation washed and dryed a crayon

I have two kids and somehow (magic I think) a crayon went through my washer and dryer and melted all through a load (a full load ) of cloths. I know rewashing them will do nothing. I got the crayon cleaned out of the dryer now someone please help me save my clothes. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!!!!

Old 12-28-05, 01:33 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Dry cleaning solvent or rubbing alcohol applied to a rag and blotted by hand may help. But since the clothes were dried..usually the heat sets the stains. I had this happen to a few uniforms a few years back and tried everything..and it was permanenet. Good luck thou

Old 01-01-06, 11:27 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Smile been there, done that

As strange as this advice may sound, it works. First take WD-40 and soak the outside of the stain and rub it in. Let it sit for about five minutes. Then turn the garment wrong side out and soak that side with WD-40 and rub it in. Again let it sit for about five minutes. Next use dish soap and apply in the same manner as the WD-40--soaking the stain and rubbing it in and then doing so on the reverse side. Let the garment set for five minutes and wash as normal with a detergent with bleach (or bleach alternative). Most or all of the stain should come out. If not all of the stain is removed repeat the steps. I have a four year old and she left a yellow crayon in a jacket pocket and it went through the washing machine and dryer. I was able to get almost all the crayon out using this method without having any grease stains from the WD-40 left behind.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: