Pen out of Durapella (Microfiber) couch

Old 01-06-06, 07:36 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Pen out of Durapella (Microfiber) couch

I am looking for a way to get pen off of our Durapella or Microfiber couch and chaise. My triplets wrote on it. I'm glad they're learning to write, but I'm not that indulgent! Any advice would be great, I've been scanning the web trying to find info so thought I'd check here. Thanks~!

Old 01-07-06, 09:21 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 98 Votes on 86 Posts
Rubbing alcohol on a clean rag, blotting from outside to the center of the stain to prevent spreading. As always, test in an inconspiuous area first.

Old 01-20-06, 08:45 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Smile removing ink from Durapella

The same thing happened to me when my couch was only a week old (teenagers though). If you will use a low pH soap (the furniture store recommended Neutrogena Deep Clean facial cleanser, I buy the generic Walmart brand) it should come out. Use a clean cloth moistened with water and some cleanser. Rub the fabric in a circle. When finished, I dried it with the hairdryer to make sure i didn't need to clean it again. It worked like a charm. I am also happy to say that so far (knock on wood) they haven't spilled anything that didn't come out. I love the fabric. I hope you have as much success as I have. Post a reply to let me know how it turned out. Penny

Old 01-21-06, 06:43 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 98 Votes on 86 Posts
Make sure you rinse the cleanser off the fabric when you're done, or you'll have a very dirty spot down the road as the cleanser continues to do what it does - attract dirt.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: