Cleaning Roach Spray Residue

Old 01-12-06, 07:39 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Talking Cleaning Roach Spray Residue

We are moving into a new apartment next week. I am very chemical sensitive and I know that the apartment was sprayed about two weeks ago. I will be deep cleaning before we move in and I would like to know what natural products I can use to remove chemical residue from the spray and last tenants.
Many blessings and Thanks
Lindsay Love
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by twelvepole; 01-16-06 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Posting email addresses is not allowed in forums
Old 01-16-06, 04:23 PM
T
Mild soap and water solution should remove any spray residue. If it has been two weeks since the insecticide was sprayed, it is not likely that there will be noticeable odor.

Old 01-17-06, 08:38 AM
Just a word of warning. If the carpet in the apartment is older....alot of times the management has already had the carpet professional cleaned before new tenants moving in. Deep cleaning may bring up any older stains/spills that were not properly taken care of. In other words, you may create more work for yourself. I have seen this many times..when you walk in you see no spots/spills...after you clean there are new spills there that look like that came from no were. It is caused by residue in the carpets and over wetting of the carpet on the next cleaning. You may want to consider having them dry cleaned instead. This can be done with "green" chemicals that have been rated for their low toxicity to humans and animal life.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: