unusual mould problem - I think?

Old 01-16-06, 09:29 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
unusual mould problem - I think?

Hi

I am a new member and hope someone can help me. I have a recurring annual problem. When we have a frost, yellow droplets form on part of my kitchen ceiling. This only happens when we have a frost and only at night. If left for a while before cleaning, a growth appears. I live in a bungalow. I have had the roof tiles checked, I have had all the guttering and fascia replaced. I have had the attic checked. It is dry. I can't narrow down what is happening? Any ideas anyone?

Old 01-16-06, 04:09 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Condensation forms when warm, moist air makes contact with cool surface. Make sure you have adequate insulation in attic. Make sure you run the kitchen exhaust fan during and after cooking for at least 20 minutes to exhaust warm, moist air. If kitchen exhaust is not exhausted to outdoors and you have a recirculating fan, then it will be difficult to exhaust humidity. If humidity is high (measure with hygrometer, which is sold where thermometers are sold), a dehumidifier can be used to reduce humidity.

Kitchen ceiling can be washed with a bleach and water solution to disinfect and eliminate mold.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: