water marks on leather sofa

Old 01-30-06, 08:08 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy water marks on leather sofa

I read one of your previous threads - my daughter "accidentally" left a biro line on my yellow leather sofa which I tried to get off with neutral soap and water (usually a winner) - the line is still there but much fainter - however I have added to the damage and now have to get rid of a water mark - any suggestions? Thanks.

Old 01-30-06, 08:31 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Have you let the sofa completely dry out? Most of the times depending on the finish and style of the leather. Water marks will disappear after it drys out. Look carefully to see if this is indeed a water mark...or a area were the dye of the leather has been "pushed: out away from the orginal problem area. If that is the case you may have no luck.

Check under your sofa or the covers for the cleaning code should be either p-n or a. Its not vinyl as it would not waterpool...yea vinyl is a form of cheap leather. Once you found out your type of leather do a search in your favorite search browser for cleaning of that specific leather type.

Even thou most people and places say mild soap and water....They are not specific about the temp of water or pH of solution. This plays a big part in cleaning of ANYTHING.

Old 01-31-06, 01:09 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 98 Votes on 86 Posts
Leather cleaning is usually best left to professionals. If you don't have luck soon, I would quit and hire someone before you do something permanent. Leather is ok to get wet when it's on the cow, after that, not so much.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: