Cleaning Ceiling Fans Having Thick Dust

Old 02-25-06, 04:01 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Cleaning Ceiling Fans Having Thick Dust

Not to long ago there was a TV show which had two ladies who presented ways of removing stains and the best approach to cleaning different items. Unfortunatley I caught the tail-end of their suggestion in cleaning ceiling fans. It seemed they suggested the first step as being the use of a glove after being in water. The idea being that the thick dust (as in my case with all my fans) will not fly around in the room due to the moisture of the gloves. Then they suggested follow-up steps which the last step was use of some sort of cleaner/wax? so future dust can somewhat slip away. I have to clean four fans and two of them have thick buildup of dust. Any suggestions in how to approach?
Thanks...

Old 02-25-06, 06:38 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I would dust with a treated microfiber high duster...to me the only problem with the wet glove thing is that it is going to smear nad require tons of additional cleaning..i would dust..then only after dusting with a TREATED duster..then do the general cleaning..if the blades are wooden some furniture polish should make them easier to keep clean..painted blades should offer less resistance to holding dust already...check to see what you are using to clean it with...dont use oil soap...that will leave residue which will attract dust

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: