bathtub stain

Old 03-25-06, 07:44 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
bathtub stain

I used a new bath salt in my jacuzzi tub and now have red stains that I cannot get rid of. I have tried bleach, citrus oil and soft scrub. I've used soft clothes and white scratcher pads. No luck! Ani input would be appreciated

Old 03-25-06, 08:03 AM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I dont know the condition of your water...almost sounds like a iron problem. Salt is alkaline...so i would go with a clr type product which would be acidic to counteract the problem. Spray on as directed allow to dwell...using gloves and a well ventalated area scrub with a soft bristle brush. Test any diy method in a hidden or small area first. May take repeated applications..make sure the product you go with is safe for fiberglass...that is what im guessing its made out of.

Old 03-26-06, 11:26 AM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Some bath salts will stain tubs. Bath salts made with vegetable dyes tend not to stain. Non-vegetable dyes can be difficult if not impossible to remove from tub surface. Your failed attempts to remove dye from surface indicate that dye was absorbed into fiberglass or acrylic. Avoid abrasive cleaners and scouring pads. A paste of BarKeeper's Friend or Zud with water may lift stain. If stain appears to be getting lighter, repeat application as needed. Test any DIY cleaner in inconspicuous place first for ill effects. Fiberglass and acrylic are best kept sealed with a product like Gel Gloss or a non-yellowing wax, avoiding bottom of tub where surface will become slippery from wax.

Old 03-26-06, 12:08 PM
R
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Try car wax.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: