Lipstick Stain

Old 04-25-06, 09:46 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lipstick Stain

My 2 yr old daughter had a ball with some lipstick, however she got it on my sofa. It is a microfiber material, but we did not have any additional stain removal product added to it when we bought it 3 months ago. Please help me figure out how to get this stain out of the back of my new couch. Thank you to anyone who can help!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-06, 11:06 AM
D
You can try rubbing alcohol. Do NOT rub it (it'll make the mark spread). Take a clean, white cloth and moisten it with the alcohol and BLOT the stain. Try a small section first to see if it would work. It should work.

Old 04-25-06, 11:08 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 94 Votes on 83 Posts
Try rubbing alcohol on a clean rag, blotting from the outside of the stain toward the center to prevent spreading.

Old 04-25-06, 09:31 PM
if the rubbing alcohol doesnt work...try a LITTLE bit of wd-40 on a rag blot to make sure no harm to the sofa and for transfer of the color..after it is removed..then take your rubbing alcohol..apply to a rag and blot to remove residue from the wd-40

Old 04-28-06, 02:27 PM
T
Use of oily residue on non-porous surfaces may result in compounding cleaning problems due to oily residue. Solvent cleaners like rubbing alcohol, denatured alcohol, and dry cleaning fluid are frequently recommended for blotting away lipstick stains. Blot with white rag from outside toward middle of stains to prevent spreading.