Please help me with Removing Stains and Cleaning a White Sofa!

Old 08-14-06, 02:37 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Angry Please help me with Removing Stains and Cleaning a White Sofa!

Can someone please help me, I'm desperate?

I have a cotton white sofa with removable covers. I have tried dry cleaning but it only removes 60% of stains. The overall colour of the lounge is now a very off white/light brown. I called the manufactures and they said you CANNOT wet the sofa because it will shrink and my only option is to chemically dry clean. Against these instruction I did try spot cleaning the lounge, and as a result now have water stains.

It was a very expensive sofa and I feel very frustrated, I just don't know what to do. The lounge is only 2 years old and I feel it is a waist if I have to go out and buy a new one, besides I really love this sofa.

I am having to dry clean the sofa every 2/3 months, which not only is not removing all the stains or dullness from the sofa, it is really really expensive. I just bought Oxiclean versatile spray off the internet because I heard great reviews, although I feel nervouse using it incase it leaves water stains.

If someone out there knows a solution please help me!

Thank you

Ann Marie

Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-06, 05:29 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 94 Votes on 83 Posts
It's almost impossible to keep something like this clean. I would consider having the couch dyed a color that wouldn't show dirt as well.

Old 08-15-06, 12:31 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Not all upholstery fabrics can be cleaned with water or water-based cleaners. It is always best to follow manufacturer's cleaning instructions. From your description of the soil and stains, it is not likely a professional dry cleaning will help very much. Perhaps covering couch or reupholstering would be best.