stained carpet

Old 09-19-06, 12:24 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
stained carpet

I had left a boxed 12-pack of a softdrink on my carpet and apparently it had some moisture in it and it stained the carpet. Does anyone have any ideas on how to remove the stain?

Old 09-19-06, 01:03 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 98 Votes on 86 Posts
Try rubbing alcohol on a clean white rag, blotting from the outside of the stain toward the center to prevent spreading - I'm thinking this is an ink stain and alcohol is the solvent for ink.

Old 09-24-06, 01:00 AM
T
If stain is due to mold/mildew due to condensation, mold/mildew stains are often next to impossible to remove. If mold/mildew stain, try enzyme digester cleaner. The trick is to keep the fibers moist with cleaner so enzymes can digest the organic stain.

Old 09-25-06, 12:35 AM
Is the stain red or another color from the box itself? I have seen were moisture can transfer the color from boxes or bags into vinyl or carpet? If it is try the rubbing alcohol first...if no color transfer to a rag..post back and let us know..May have to try a reducer

If its a mold/mildew stain try the enzyme as twelvepole said.

Do you know what type of carpet it is? As in what its made of? Nylon, olefin? This is important in your situation.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: