tile and wall cleaning

Old 09-19-06, 06:21 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Angry tile and wall cleaning

Hi, I have been experiencing a recurring problem with my walls and tile in and around my bathroom. I am living in an old apartment building, and the tile has not been redone for decades. I am finding light to dark brown spots on the moulding around the doorframe to the bathroom and on the bathroom tiles, it looks like something dripped onto the wall and dripped down until it dried a few inches further down. I have washed and rewashed the walls, everytime they come clean, but I always find the spots again a few weeks later. It doesnt look like something is coming through the wood or tile, but rather like something dripped onto it, as it doesnt spread, just drip. Its always on the same moulding (no other places in the apartment) and the tiles are impossible to keep clean - the mould is getting out of control aswell (especially in the shower of course). I was wondering if someone could tell me what they think this is, and if there is a good way of cleaning it. Also if anyone knows of a good product to clean tiles of mould. Thanks.

Old 09-19-06, 09:50 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
1/2 cup of bleach in warm water and apply to areas and let sit 10-15 mins rinse with hot water

all the spots you describe sound like a mold issue...running a exhaust fan, dehumidifer and wiping down the shower after use may help

i would also suggest cleaning the tiles the best you can...then seal the grout this will make future cleanings easier

there are grout sealers out there you can easily spray on the entire area then just wipe off the tile

head over to your local home improvement store and check it out

or if you rent talk to the super or landlord to see who is responsible for repairs

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: