Dye on Carpet

Old 09-26-06, 04:34 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Dye on Carpet

I recently moved and, since it was raining, they used furniture pads on the carpet. One of the pads transferred blue dye onto the light beige carpet. Can anyone suggest a solution? I called a carpet cleaner and they said they probably would not be able to do something about it. I would appreciate any help
I could get.

Old 09-26-06, 05:50 PM
hmmm...few things i would try

rubbing alcohol applied to a rag and see if you get a blue transfer

a reducer like red relief MAY remove

one of the reasons the carpet cleaner company may of declined and said that would be those type of stains are difficult to remove and can distort the look of the carpet even if removed

i would contact the moving company

how big of a area are we talking?

Old 09-26-06, 09:14 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,281 Upvotes on 1,219 Posts
Dyes tend to be permanent. I believe your only recourse is going to be to see if the moving company will take responsibility. I would check on that first, so they can't claim you made the stain permanent in your attempts to remove it.

Old 09-27-06, 11:39 AM
K
Carpet cleaning

I know a good site where you can either assist in carpet cleaning issues or buy a good cleaning device: www.xxxxxx

Good luck!

Note links to offsite websites are not allowed on the board that offer advertising for a personal company. This is to protect users from unfounded advice and unknown bussiness practices.-Docduck

Last edited by Docduck; 09-27-06 at 02:42 PM. Reason: offsite links

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: