Help! Bike Tire Stain on Kitchen Floor

Old 11-21-06, 05:15 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Help! Bike Tire Stain on Kitchen Floor

I live in an apartment and store my bicycle in the front entrance. Well, now there are these brownish marks where the tires rest (skid marks from pulling the bicycle away from the wall when I take it out). I've tried CLR, bleach, baking soda-hydrogen peroxide paste and nothing worked. Not sure what the floor is (some sort of tile, maybe laminate?), but scrubbing too hard seems to leave marks. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-06, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator
Received 36 Votes on 30 Posts
WD40 or Mr. Clean Magic Erasor. Either one should work.

Old 11-21-06, 10:08 PM
If the floor that these marks on is a common area floor. I would suggest being careful with what you use on it. So, no damage to the floor occurs... or kids playing in the area can get ahold of. Use the wd40, then take rubbing alcohol and wipe up the wd-40. After about 20 mins the rubbing alcohol, pretty much becomes water if any is left. I would suggest getting a old carpet scrap and put under your wheels.

Old 11-22-06, 10:06 AM
Believe it or not, charcoal lighter fluid also works. I've used it to take tape residue off that's been there for years and it pretty much wipes off. I keep a can of it in my vinyl installation kit to clean adhesives off the surface and it works great with out harming the wear layer of the vinyl.

Old 11-22-06, 10:31 AM
Skid marks can usually be removed with a solvent cleaner like mineral spirits. Many report removing skid marks from rubber shoes on floors with a pencil eraser. If floor is vinyl, any discoloration from rubber tires is likely permanent.