Advice on good, quality, lasting, vacuum cleaner?

Old 01-08-07, 05:45 PM
I
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Advice on good, quality, lasting, vacuum cleaner?

Hello all,

I'm having to replace my vacuum cleaner, Panasonic Power Wave MC-V5710, had about 8 years, replaced the rubber band a few times but now its burning it quite bad even after cleaning it, removing hair ect. I figure since I know of these forums, and due to the cost involved, it would be worth it to try and look up and tried and tested vacuum make/model.

So, looking for a [changed to bagged after Docduck's post] bagless upright for typical household vacuuming, don't need anything particularly special or fancy just good quality, solid construction, sturdy with lasting durability.

What do you guys think? Any place, like an online retailer, that has a collection of user reviews on products such as this?

~Thanks, and great site!

Last edited by iCarianThoughT; 01-10-07 at 06:03 PM.
Old 01-08-07, 10:27 PM
Sounds like there may be debris in the ends of the beeter bar near the bearings...if this happens it strains the belt and motor. On some panosonics you can remove the caps of the beeter bar and remove hair and oil them to make them last longer. You could also replace the beeter bar for around 30 bucks, if that is the problem.

My thoughts are this..bagless may be more easier to empty. BUT the hepa filters will fill up fast and can be expensive. My wife has 2 vacs one bagless and one coventional, it didnt take long before she saw what i was talking about. Almost after every vaccum she has to take the hepa filter out and shake it out. Which then tosses dust all over the place and the person. I much rather change the bags and buy them rather than doing that. a 12pk of commerical panosonics with a extra filter layer run 12 bucks, a hepa filter which would prob last just as long prob more or the same as 12 bags. My advice if you want a new vac stick to a bagged one. And not a bagless or canister, which losses a ton of suction due to the extra hoses and wands.

Old 01-10-07, 06:04 PM
I
After reading your post Docduck looks like I'll stick with the bagged, thanks.

Recommendations then for an upright bagged cleaner?

~Thanks for the helpful advice.

Old 01-10-07, 07:19 PM
i tend to lean to the panosonics, if kept up they will run and last a good long time with low maintaince. if you can afford it get a commerical model.

Old 01-10-07, 07:45 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,166 Votes on 1,124 Posts
I have a bagless and every couple weeks I take the air compressor and blow out the filter - messy job. I can see why docduck recommends a bag. I know they're a little on the expensive side, but I bought Kenmore (Sears) just because I know I'll be able to find a Sears store again down the road - my last vacuum was fixable, but I couldn't find anyone who carried it or parts for it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: