Remove burnt old oil stains on stove

Old 01-13-07, 10:19 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Remove burnt old oil stains on stove

I use two electric burners on the stove at the same time for a big Turkey Pot for cooking over three hours. I found that there were some black spots stained on the stove between the burners. I think that came from the old oil stained. It's so hard to remove.
I have used paper towel soaked with vinegar and let it stand and also tried a commercial cleaning product - especially Cut grease but it doesn't work.
Please advise if I can clean up.
Thanks.

Old 01-13-07, 10:45 PM
T
Baking soda and water paste left to set and then a little elbow grease with a nonabrasive scrubbie is often an inexpensive and effective way to remove baked on foods on stove surfaces. Paper towel saturated with household ammonia and placed on baked on spills and left to set to soften and then a little elbow grease with nonabrasive scrubbie is also often effective.

There are many degreaser products available. The trick to any cleaner is to give it time to do its job to soak and dissolve the baked on food. Then, with agitation with scrubbie, results are usually effective. Orange concentrate (not one of the watered down orange whatever products) is usually industrially as a degreaser to clean concrete and engines. No fume oven cleaner is a popular degreaser and cleaner.

Two effective powdered cleansers are BarKeeper's Friend and Zud. These are used with water to make a paste and left to set. These cleaners are handy to have on hand because they also remove rust stains.

Old 01-15-07, 09:56 PM
G
Smile

Thanks for your advice. It works now.
I used baking soda with water, let stand for overnight, then scrubbed. All black/brown spots removed.
I also bought an Easy Off no fume oven cleaner to clean years stains inside the oven. Sprayed and let it set for overnight. It's so easy to wipe off.
I'm going to apply it for the second time for some hard black stains left at the bottom of the oven.

Old 01-15-07, 10:51 PM
T
Thanks for posting back. I've been posting for years that baking soda and water paste is one of the least expensive and most effective household cleaners. It works great on shower scum, too.

The no fume oven cleaner is new to me. I never bought oven cleaner in my life. Always used ammonia. But, after reading in posts that others were using it for shower scum, I thought it might just work on those 12x12 VCT tiles at work in front of the toilet where contractors use my bathroom. Sure enough, I sprayed and let set and took a green Scotch Brite to it. It lifted all the ground in dirt out of the tile.

I don't buy cleaning products. A bottle of alcohol and water in a spray bottle works wonders on glass, stainless, steel and hard surfaces to disinfect and keep them shining. After I use my kitchen stove, I wash off surface with dishrag and then shine everything with rubbing alcohol/water solution.

I damp dust with vinegar/water solution. It makes for a great hardwood floor and vinyl and ceramic tile cleaner.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: