a dirty carpet

Old 02-16-07, 03:18 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
a dirty carpet

I have a beautiful white shag rug that is pet soiled very badly - this carpet is about 10 by 15 ft. so it can be transported to a bussiness if nessary

any ideas on how to clean it ? -thanks

Old 02-16-07, 05:07 PM
S
Smile

Have someone you TRUST that is in the CLEANIG business take a look at it. I recently purchased a home with very nice, but very dirty spots through out and it came out very clean. 16' X 32' cost $165.00. They sent a fellow that does the worst of the worst, and he have very nice equipment.

They have seen it all and can tell you in a flash what's up with your carpet.

Dale
Indy

Old 02-16-07, 06:27 PM
I would like to take it somewhere - the stains are clear through , many, but the carpet is so nice if restored
Do they do that ?

Old 02-16-07, 07:49 PM
S
I have a friend who cleans carpet for a living and he picks up rugs like that, takes them to his shop, and cleans them there so he can use his drying racks. I'd call a reputable carpet cleaning out fit about it.

Old 03-05-07, 06:39 AM
T
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Check the yellow pages and call around to see if someone offers pickup or if you can drop off the rug for cleaning. Note that old stains can be impossible to remove. If severely pet stained, you may have difficulty finding someone to undertake the job. There is no guarantee that stains can be removed.

Old 03-05-07, 07:15 AM
Most if they know what they are doing...have to take the rug out...cleaning a rug over carpet is bad mojo. Best to submerse clean it and hang it. Look in the yellow pages and look for carpet cleaning outfits that have references and have their rug cleaning certifications. Dont go directly for the cheapest..you get what you pay for

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: