spilled coffee in car it Stinks!HELP!

Old 03-04-07, 08:54 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy spilled coffee in car it Stinks!HELP!

Had coffee spill in car on the carpet but did not realize it till the next day. There is now an odor from that and I have a portable carpet cleaner that I used and it made the smell not as bad as it was. Now you only smell it when you first get in the car and you don't smell it after that. What can I do to get rid of the smell? I saw that you could use pet stain remover with enzymes to neutrolize the smell. Does that work cause I have some here. If not any help would be appreciated since the car that the spill occured is the most used vehicle in our household! Thanks!

Old 03-04-07, 11:00 PM
Since it is fresh the pet enzyme may work. Coffee is more of a tannin or salt residue problem. But i would treat the area with the enzymes and let sit 10-15 mins take your machine and use the Vaccum only and suck out the enzymes...then take a small bucket with hot water and dip a rag in it and apply the rag over the spot. Continue sucking water out until no further spot is seen. Then place the vaccum hose over the area and let it sit for a few mins. Blot dry and see if that helps. Try to get it as dry as possible as quickly as you can. A hair dryer set of medium at about a foot away will help.

post back and let us know how it goes...Good luck.

Old 03-05-07, 05:22 AM
T
Spills in carpet tend to spread out 3-5 times or more beyond affected surface area, so you will need to clean an area much larger than the size of the spill. If odor remains in carpet after cleaning with enzyme cleaner, place an odor absorber beneath seats. Activated charcoal, kitty litter, and baking soda absorb odors.

Old 03-06-07, 07:34 AM
M
spilled coffee smell

Tried ducdock advice and not sure it did much for the smell. I put some 20 team mule borax on there and don't think it did much for the smell either. The coffee had sugar and liquid flavored creamer in it and I think it's the creamer that is creating the smell. This happened a few days ago is there anything to get the smell out at this point. Twelvepole beneath seats means that the smell won't go away and is that to mask the odor? My husband drove my car yesterday and he didn't smell anything but it would really have to smell bad for him to notice. Any suggestions? Gonna call the coffee creamer company to see if they have any suggestions. Thanks for the help and anymore would be appreciated!

Old 03-06-07, 08:04 AM
im beating it has spread out...if its close to the edge of the carpet..pull back..

sometimes the trim pieces are the only thing holding down car carpet

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: