Nirvana laminate floor

Old 03-06-07, 04:54 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Cool Nirvana laminate floor

Bought this at Lumber Liquidator and it shows almost every footprint or even a fingerprint. Is there somethng I can use to clean the floor besides plain water or a swiffer. I put a different brand laminate in another room in my house and I am experiencing the same thing. Did I get taken or what?

Old 03-06-07, 05:45 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
This will happen if the floors were cleaned with household cleaners like soap.

The best way to clean your laminate floors is to use ammonia and water, or any other window cleaning product. First sweep or vacuum up loose dirt, then mist the floor with your cleaner and buff it up using a terry cloth towel.

You need to clean off the film that was left by whomever used soap on the floor.

Old 03-07-07, 10:03 PM
H
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
does your laminate have texture?

does your laminate have any texture or ridges in it?
I am not familiar with the product you have,
However,
I've been shopping around for laminate and have been told (by sales people and other homeowners) that if the surface has no texture to it, it will show dust, dirt and any moisture very easily. as compared to a product with texture/ridges

Old 03-08-07, 04:47 AM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Textured surface and lower gloss finishes tend to show fewer sins than smooth, high gloss finishes due to light refraction. Most plastic laminate manufacturers provide cleaning and maintenance instructions. It is best not to use a cleaning product that leaves a residue. Vinegar/water solution (2 cups white vinegar in 1 gallon water) can be misted onto mop (preferably) or onto floor to clean a section at a time. If using wet mop, it should be squeezed nearly dry. Clean a section at a time and dry with old towel before moving on to next section to prevent streaking. Avoid treated Swiffer and treated mops as they will leave a residue. Any residue left on floor will tend to show prints. Oils from bare feet and hands will leave prints. Wear socks or slippers.

Wipe up any moisture from spills immediately to prevent spotting and damage to flooring. High traffic areas should be vacuumed or dust mopped with untreated mop daily or more often as needed to prevent grit from damaging floor finish. Vinegar/water solution can be misted on untreated dust mop to dampen and collect dust. Avoid wax and oil and products containing wax, oil, silicone, or any product that leaves a residue or can dull and soften finish.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: