cleaning oven door window on Jenn-Air range

Old 04-22-07, 02:28 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
cleaning oven door window on Jenn-Air range

I have a three year old Jenn-Air slide-in range that has an oven door window that has gotten dirty in between the triple panes in the oven door. Does anyone know if we dare take the door apart ourselves to clean it? The manufacturer provides no guidance for this problem. Love the range otherwise, but a design that allows debris to get between these panes is mighty poor!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-07, 03:23 PM
Smile clean oven door

I'd say take it apart and clean it...

Old 04-22-07, 04:09 PM
Oven manufacturers do not recommend cleaning between glass on oven doors as a DIY project. Forum posters who have taken oven doors apart report that it's a lot more difficult to get them back together than taking them apart, as they have to struggle with the insulation and metal trim and gaskets. Some units have glass units that are sealed and can not be taken apart, such as those with triple panes of heat resistant glass with air sealed between the panes to minimize heat loss through the window. Maytag says in regard to cleaning between oven glass, "The only way to do this is by disassembly of the door, which should be done by an appliance repair person."

Old 06-08-10, 07:35 PM
Gor for it!

We have a Jenn-air double wall electric that developed a mess inside the door window when my wife spilled some grease on the inside of the open door. The large appliance center where we purchased exclaimed warranty will not cover cleaning and we should not even attempt it. Checked other appliance dealers/service and they also warned it is very tricky and requires proprietary tools to accomplish. Cost ranged between $150.00 to $200.00 and possibly more. Finally I held my breath, removed the door, removed 3 screws on top and 3 screws on the bottom. The inside panel of the door came right out of the outside panel. I cleaned the inside of the outside glass panel and the outside of the double sealed glass unit easily. I re-assembled and installed the door, actually looks cleaner then new. I am the household hero. I would have been so very upset to watch someone do what I did and charge me $200.00. Go for it!

Old 06-09-10, 01:40 AM
keep in mind the manufactor is always going to suggest their tech come and do it. If they suggested or told you how to do it and then something happens...they may be responsible for the damage. So its either charge you to do it or pay you because you did it to fix the damage.