new oven - baked on foil

Old 04-22-07, 01:53 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
new oven - baked on foil

Oh noooooooo. Brand new electric range. washed it all before using. put foilf on the bottom of the oven (one of thoes ovens with a flat bottom - no emelent in sight. Baked first diner in it and now some of the foil is stuck to the bottom of the oven . Maybe it was still wet? whatever - but now how do I get the foil off? Will it burn off when I use the self clean feature? Do I just have to live with it?

Afraind to scrap and scrape off finish

Help

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-07, 02:14 PM
Cool baked on foil

I would try anything...maybe just getting the oven warm and spraying plain water on the foil and see if you can remove it by hand...

Old 04-22-07, 02:21 PM
Cool baked on foil

http://askruth.blogspot.com/2006/07/cleaning-baked-on-foil-in-oven-help.html
"How do I remove baked on tin foil from the bottom of my
electric oven. My son lined the botton of the oven to keep it clean and now the tin foil will not come off the bottom. He wants to buy a new enamel bottom to this new stove. Help!"
I've hunted on the web and found lots of ideas for removing baked on food from pots and pans and general tips on how to clean the oven without using harsh chemicals. But this question doesn't seem to pop up anywhere although I know it can happen.

My only idea would be to put some water, vinegar, ammonia or baking soda in a pan in the oven on low heat just to steam things up a bit. Then I'd use a plastic scraper GENTLY to try to peel off the foil.

Old 04-22-07, 02:42 PM
I would :

call the place you got it and ask what they recommend

call the manufacturer and ask what they suggest

email the manufacturer and ask what they recommend

I wouldn't use the oven again until I head what they suggest

Old 04-22-07, 03:18 PM
T
Foil should not be used in the bottom of ovens. If you have to use foil for something that may bubble over, such as a fruit pie, place the dish on the foil and loosely arrange around the dish and crimp to hold in upright position. This will catch the spills.

Most recommend heating oven and using spatula to scrape off stuck on foil. I've never read a post where someone posted back and said this was successful.