Help For The Tub!

Old 08-12-07, 08:49 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Help For The Tub!

This Is My First Post Ever! My Husband Started Using The 'just For Men' Hair Care Product So He Looks Younger With Less Gray Hair. He Is Sloppy With Application Of The Solution And Has Spotted The Tub With Several Brown Spots. Nothing I Have Tried Has Been Able To Remove The Spots. Help! Thanks In Advance For Your Advice.

Old 08-12-07, 09:38 AM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
what is the finish and condition of the tub. If its a older tub than the dye has found its way into small scracthes in the finish and wear layer.

Old 08-22-07, 01:40 PM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Have you tried Soft Scrub with Bleach? Wetting a folding square of paper towel with bleach, covering with plastic wrap and taping over stain, and leaving on to bleach out stain. Once stains are removed, keep sides of tub sealed with auto wax to provide sheeting action. Do not wax bottom of tub because it will become slippery and dangerous.

As indicated, older tub finishes such as on porcelain and fiberglass, where abrasive cleaners and hard water minerals have abraded away the finish over the years, tend to be absorbent of stains and more difficult to clean. Thus keeping surfaces sealed with wax can be helpful.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: