Urine removal

Old 10-29-07, 03:41 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Urine removal

I need to know how to remove human urine out of 2 things. The first is carpet. My 3 yr old (who is completely potty trained) has decided when she gets in trouble to pay me back by pulling off her clothes and urinating on her bedroom floor, which is carpeted. I thought I had gotten the smell out but every once in a while when I go into her room I can faintly smell it. The carpet is not stained it just sometimes stinks. The second thing I need to know how to get the smell out of is a playpen mattress. My youngest daughter's diaper leaked on night and I blotted as much urine out with a towel and then put the mattress in my tub full of HOT water and scrubbed it with laundry detergent, sprayed it with Lysol and febreze. I tried absorbing all the water with a clean towel and let it air dry the rest of the way and the smell is still there, I can pnly smell it when I put my nose to it but I don't want my daughter sleeping in urine. The mattress is very thin, its a normal graco playpen mattress, has hard plastic on the bottom a VERY thin layer of foam and the entire thing is covered in what feels kinda like a plastic type covering. Not sure the actual covering though. I can't stand the smell of urine and don't want my whole house smelling like it LOL. Any help is much appreciated

Old 10-29-07, 04:31 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 103 Votes on 88 Posts
You won't get it out of the mattress. The carpet should be pulled up and the pad replaced if the urine infiltrated it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: