Reclining Armchairs: Stained Lay-Z-Boy

Old 11-16-07, 07:59 AM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Reclining Armchairs: Stained Lay-Z-Boy

I have spilt black coffee on a cream recliner chair. The stain has been left to dry. Does anyone else have one like this? How do I get it out? Help!

Last edited by twelvepole; 11-18-07 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Link not necessary
Old 11-16-07, 06:42 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,263 Upvotes on 1,204 Posts
We've started using something new, as the company that made what we used to used closed. It's a carpet cleaning product called LAs totally awesome carpet spot and stain remover. $1/quart at dollar tree. Rinse with water to remove cleaner after removing stain.

Old 11-18-07, 05:29 PM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
A tannic stain remover will remove coffee stains. If in doubt, call a professional upholstery clean. Check your cleaning label, as not all uphostery fabrics can be cleaned with water-based cleaners.

Old 11-21-07, 11:14 PM
coffee can be a pain...recent studies have determined that decaf coffee contains more dyes, as a result of them trying to remove some of the caffeine...so sometimes a tannin remover, will need help afterwards with a oxidizer.

also if it was coffee with cream a protein spotter may be needed afterwards

by the time your done with just that one spot...it may clean spot it requiring the cleaning of the whole chair

when in doubt call a pro...most will be doing specials this time of year for the holidays

Old 11-26-07, 06:55 AM
A
I've successfully removed black coffee stains from off white carpet using a solution of 1/2 vinegar and 1/2 club soda. Apply the solution, let it sit for a few hours, blot it with a dye free towel and use a shop vac to remove the excess water. If it doesn't work the 1st time, try putting the solution on the spot and then add baking soda on top. Let that sit for a few hours and vacuum it up. This has worked on about every stain imaginable, and I hope it will work for you. Good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: