Baby Formula Stain

Old 01-06-08, 09:40 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Baby Formula Stain

All my baby's bibs are stained black. There seems to be a reaction between the milk formula stains on bibs and the washing powder, as they all turn black in the wash. What causes this reaction and is there a way to remove these stains?

Old 01-07-08, 01:13 AM
are you pretreating the spots with anything before the wash?

and have you dried the bibs? if tried this may of baked the stains in making them permanent.

i cannot think of anything that would be in the forumla that would do that other than it collecting soil load before washing

Old 01-07-08, 04:53 PM
B
Baby Formula Stain

No, not pre treating bibs with anything. I do use a woolwash liquid to wash with as it is more sensitive than normal washing powders. its definately a reaction between this and the formula stains on the bib, as this is were it turns black and it only happens to the bibs not the clothes.

Old 01-07-08, 09:00 PM
T
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
You are dealing with protein stains. Baby clothing and bibs need to be pretreated and/or presoaked in an enzyme digester detergent. Wisk is a liquid enzyme digester detergent. BIZ is a powdered enzyme digester detergent.

Some stains are visible when sorting the wash. Some are not. But, you will certainly see them on baby clothing you have put away for the next baby. The enzymes keep on working, and those mystery stains on baby clothing you pull out of storage a year or two later can be permanent.

Such stains can appear on seasonal clothing. A little invisible protein stain on a white summer shirt that does not get pulled out of the closet until next summer has stains. Why? Enzymes.

Old 01-12-08, 12:50 AM
B
Baby Formula Stain

Thanks. Mystery solved :-)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: