Please please help, can't get rid of poop smell!!

Old 02-29-08, 10:35 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Please please help, can't get rid of poop smell!!

My puppy was neutered yesterday, so he has to wear one of those big cone-like "E-collars." He was in his kennel and managed to get it off of himself and poop all over the place. Here is the problem: the part of the E-collar that actually wraps around his neck is leather (or something similar), and no matter what I do or how much I clean it I can NOT get the smell out. I've tried scrubbing it multiple times with soap and I've also sprayed it thoroughly with Nature's Miracle, a pet odor remover, but to no avail. Is there anything I can do so this thing doesn't stink of poop for the next week that my poor puppy has to wear it? Color-fastness is NOT an issue, I don't care if I ruin the color of the leather on this thing, I just need it to not smell anymore. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-29-08, 08:01 PM
T
Lysol concentrate can be used full strength or diluted. Bleach/water solution can be used but will likely take a toll on dye. A small brush can be used to clean seams. Clean and disinfect the plastic cone, as plastic is porous and absorbent of odors.

Old 03-06-08, 08:47 AM
R
get yourself an enzyme based deodorizer and either soak the collar in that solution (straight) or brush it in good. You need the enzymes to kill the bacteria causing the odor.