Root Beer stain on Microfiber couch.

Old 05-23-08, 12:54 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Root Beer stain on Microfiber couch.

I am looking for a good over-the-counter cleaner for Micro-fiber furniture. My couch is a very light beige color, and of course my son spilled ROOT BEER on it! Any suggestions????

Old 05-23-08, 07:22 PM
I would suggest against cleaners from dollar stores or the such. Head over to a janitoral supply and pick up a tannin stain remover. Vaccum the area well...test the cleaner on the test panel under the cushions or the skit in the back. Apply let sit 10-15 mins and then blot and rinse well with cool water.

Most microfibers should clean up well. I have heard warnings against the blues and red colors for dye bleed.

When in doubt contact a professionl uph cleaner.

Old 06-17-08, 11:06 PM
S
my friends son put an orange popsicle on their one week old very light coloured microfibre couch. They used the cleaning sample that came with the couch and it cleaned up 100% percent. You'll be fine it's microfibre

Old 06-18-08, 12:34 AM
Just keep in mind nothings fool proof...the older a material becomes the more worn in and less cleanable it becomes...most uph will have some form of scotchguarding applied at factory that will wear as it ages

Old 06-18-08, 03:23 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,263 Upvotes on 1,204 Posts
For anything brown, we use Rust Out - comes in a 16 ounce bottle and we dilute it to make a gallon of cleaner.

Always check the label on the couch to see if you can use a water based cleaner.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: